This Visiting Surgeon Programme is designed to provide visiting surgeons with the opportunity to learn from an expert surgeon in a hospital environment. Visiting surgeons will observe live surgeries, and have the chance to discuss surgical procedures, techniques and devices.
VSP Host Surgeon
Prof Hakan Kinik
Professor & Head of Department
Ibn-Sina Hospital, University of Witwatersrand
Surgical approach: All lower extremities
Product applications: TAYLOR SPATIAL FRAME™ (TSF), TRIGEN™, PERI-LOC™ Plates
Operating days: Monday, Tuesday
After participating in this program, participants will be able to:
• Select appropriate patients for the procedure and formulate a pre-operative plan
• Brief the surgical team and position the patient appropriately
• Select and use instrumentation safely and correctly
• Correct approach and surgical technique
• Outline post-operative management care
Visiting surgeons should have good comprehension of English language.